Goodbye 2011..

Today is the last day of 2011.  Hard to believe how quickly the year flew by.  So much happened to family and friends (and us) this year!  Marriages, births, miracles, new beginnings with school for some of us, meeting new people, learning a new language.....wait....let's rephrase that....learning to conjugate French verbs is more accurate.  Have I mentioned how the E-N-T-I-R-E semester was spent conjugating verbs. That's it. Hardly anything else. Nada. Nil. Ne rien. Can I just tell you how utterly boring that class was?!  Thank God it is OVER.
If my fairy godmother magically had me wake up in France tomorrow and I wanted, say, bacon and eggs and toast with jelly for breakfast, I don't know if I could accurately ask for what I want...like, actually name the items.  I'd probably have to point to pictures in a menu or something crazy like that......if I'm lucky enough to find a menu with pictures, because I'd totally be up a creek without a paddle if I had to (eek!) ask for a menu with pictures!!
But I'm damned sure I could conjugate the verb vouloir, which means, of course, want.    I could literally conjugate want to the waiter or waitress and let him/her know that I, he, she, it,  AND they want.  But that's it.  I seriously doubt I could relay to them "what" everyone wants.
Yup.  I'm sure glad I'm not like (heaven forbid) majoring or minoring in French.  Can you imagine? (!)
It's too bad I had that experience with this class, because I LOVE the language,  it's beautiful and I could never get tired of listening to it, but could never in a million years subject myself to the torture of another semester of conjugating verbs.  GA!
Ok, nuff said.

2011 definitely had it's very good memories for me, but sadly, it also was the year we lost our beloved aunt Connie.  May she rest in peace.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year, my health and the health of my family and friends.  My beautiful kids.  The fact that I sleep in a warm bed every night.
God is good.

I'm definitely welcoming in the new year with open arms and looking forward to what 2012 brings.  I read somewhere online that 2012 is going to be a fabulous year for Taurus people.
Fingers crossed!

Wishing everyone a ridiculously happy and SAFE New Year's Eve!!  Please do not drink and drive.

Oh, and I'll tell you tomorrow about those crazy resolutions I've got in mind (: 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs