Spring Break: I LOVE YOU!!

This semester has been pretty stressful for a number of reasons:
1. I was very sick at the beginning of the semester and I was almost forced to skip this semester entirely.
2. I got a job.  One that I loved, but it was just very, very bad timing.
3. I ended up having to request a "leave of absence" from school.
4. And work, (even though I had just been hired.)
5. I ended up in the emergency room three times.
6. I developed tendonitis in my right wrist.  Oh, and I'm right-handed, of course. Ha!
7. I had surgery.  This meant I needed time to recover.  And the hubs had to leave to Mexico the very next day...for almost a week.  Oh, and I would be remiss to not mention the 8,354 doctor appointments and blood work I had prior to the surgery, plus the 3,478 pills I was taking before and after my surgery (:
8. Missing so much school, of course, meant I was absolutely slammed with homework.  Somehow, I was able to get it all done and stay caught up.

On top of all of this, Marko's practices for wrestling had to be juggled between myself, the hubs and my mom.  He had practice every day after school until 6 p.m., which meant we weren't getting home until about 7:30-8 every night.  After I made sure the kids had their showers, done their homework, ate dinner, etc., plus getting to bed on time, I wasn't starting on my homework until about 10:30 and not finishing until about 3 a.m.  Our lives were absolutely c-r-a-z-y for a while.

Marko is now finished with his wrestling and I couldn't be more proud of all he accomplished.  And the craziness we had during his practices and tournaments was totally worth it in every way and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

This all happened within the last 6 weeks or so, but it really seems like a lot more time has passed since then.  But God is good; everything fell into place and I've got my routine down pretty good now.  It amazes me to think that all of these obstacles were not enough to hinder me from
continuing my education...or losing my mind (!)

I've mentioned that of all of my classes, my science class is my most challenging because, well, I suck at science.
Another class this semester is an advanced Spanish writing class.  The class itself isn't challenging, in fact, I've enjoyed perfecting my Spanish writing skills and learning correct punctuation.  I've always known how to write in Spanish, but I never, ever learned any grammar/punctuation skills until last semester and now in this class.  But what makes this class so challenging is the professor.  And the worse part is, is that I'm not even referring to her being tough or demanding, etc., on her students.  Unfortunately, I'm talking about her unprofessionalism in the classroom.  This professor degrades her students and seems to enjoy watching whomever she's targeting, squirm.  She seems to just randomly select her targets also. Well, I happened to be her target last week and I actually drove home and had a good cry after her class.  I had never been so humiliated in my life.  I won't even go into specifics because it upsets me so much.  Her attack on me was so unjust and unethical that I actually confronted her the next time I had her class.  I was so upset during the attack that it was just impossible to defend myself at that moment.
She apologized, but honestly, that simply wasn't enough. Oh, and I contacted the Dean's office.  I seriously hate the fact that I had to resort to that, but her behavior demanded drastic measures.
I hope this issue is resolved to everyone's satisfaction and she never mistreats her students ever again.

As you can imagine, I am so thankful for this Spring Break to recharge my batteries and return after the break refreshed and ready to finish out the semester.
The kids don't have their break for a few more weeks because of TCAP testing, so this means I won't be going anywhere for the break, but that's more than okay with me.  I have awesome plans for my break:   Spending time at the library working on upcoming assignments, cooking awesome dinners, and maybe even having time to do a couple of DIY projects I've been putting off for quite a while.

What an awesome week it will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs