Saturday night (:

The hubs and I grabbed the kiddos last night and headed to the Loveland Loves BBQ festival, and it was so much fun!
We were undecided between Eaton Days or the Loveland event.  I am so glad we chose to go to Loveland instead.
As soon as we got there, That Eighties Band was playing.  And if you know me personally, or have read this little blog for a while, you know I love me some 80s music with all my heart (:
Well, this band really rocks your socks off, let me tell you.  They had quite a crowd of people our age that were transported right back to our youth.  It was as if we were all loaded up into some awesome time capsule! HA!


They played Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl:"


 Madonna's "Vogue:"


and even Billy Idol's "Mony Mony," just to name a few songs.
Here's Idol's video:


And they played this song:


Eighties music just isn't complete without Michael Jackson's music, right?  Well, they did a great job on Jackson's classic, "Thriller."  The kids loved it.


And the crowd L-O-V-E-D them and the energy was out-of-this-world.  They were fantastic and really got their huge audience pumped up.  And I loved that they played one song right after another all night long.  They even played an extra 45 minutes because nobody wanted to see them go!  I guess nobody wanted to get out of that time capsule just yet.


I think all of the kids there were a little surprised to see their parents being so carefree.  It was so fun. (:
Everyone danced and had an excellent time.


We had just eaten dinner, so we didn't want any BBQ, but the kids got a soda and a funnel cake.


The kids knew quite a bit of the songs the band performed because, well, I sometimes torture them and I'll play a CD of that awesome music in the car.  And other songs they knew from various movies we've seen.


I don't have pictures, well, let me rephrase that: I do have pictures, but not good pictures, because I was having too much fun, and besides, there really wasn't anywhere to put my drink down to be able to TAKE pictures.  (:

If your Saturday was half as fun as mine, it was awesome.


Oh, and have I told you that we're headed to San Antonio/Corpus Christi, Texas next week?


Can't wait.


I've never been to Corpus Christi, by the way, so if any of you can let me in on any must-sees, I'd appreciate it!


Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs