Gabriella's 1st band concert!

My baby girl had her first band concert last week and I had the privilege of hearing her play her saxophone.  And I was so proud!
 I was tearing up.  Bad.  You know the cliche I'm gonna use, right?  Yeah.  Where did the time go? 

Seriously, just yesterday she was sitting in her high chair at the brown house with her little "fountain" pig-tails! (sigh..)

Hard to believe the baby of the family is in middle school.  Wow.

Her band teacher, Mr. Reed is just awesome with all of the kids.  I really don't know how he does it..

This concert consisted of the kids playing the scale (: , and even Old McDonald!

Gabriella's best friend, Claire is in Orchestra and plays the violin, so we stayed to listen to them also.

They have a Christmas concert scheduled sometime in December.  I can't wait!  It'll be exciting to hear how much they've learned from now until then (:

Last week was also parent/teacher conferences, and let me tell you how proud these kiddos made me and the hubs.  Every single teacher raved on my kids.  And it felt great!

Oh, and Marko's concert is this Tuesday!  Yay!

I hope you have a GREAT week!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs