Thank you Lord!

A few months ago I excitedly posted of Scotty McCreery being crowned the new American Idol winner.  I anxiously awaited the release of his CD and planned on buying it.

Well, my wonderful, thoughtful hubby recently came home and surprised me with it!:

I must say that I am NOT disappointed at all!  I love it.
His first single "Love You This Big" was my favorite song.......that is, until I heard track 9.
The song is called "Dirty Dishes," and I'm sure it brought tears to his mama's eyes when she heard it.  It sure choked me up!

Here are the lyrics:

Dirty Dishes
Performed by Scotty McCreery 
Mama hollers “Suppertime!”  And don’t make me tell you twice
Wash your hands and wipe your face
The table is no place for your toys, And try to use your inside voice
And don’t dig in ‘til we say grace, So we put down our forks and bowed our heads
And then she prayed the strangest prayer ever said 
“I want to thank You Lord For noisy children and slammin doors
And clothes scattered all over the floor
A husband working all the time, Draggin’ in dead tired at night
A never ending messy kitchen, And dirty dishes…" 
We all got real still and quiet
And Daddy asked “Hon, are you alright?”
She said “There aint nothing wrong, Noisy kids are happy kids
And slammin doors just means we live in a warm and loving home” 
Your long hours and those dishes in the sink means a job and enough to eat
So I’m gonna thank You Lord
For noisy children and slammin doors.  And clothes scattered all over the floor
A husband working all the, Draggin in dead tired at night
A never ending messy kitchen 
For my little busy bees beggin mama “Mama can we please?”
Always wantin’, needing, calling me
Loads of laundry piling up, Crayons crushed into the rug, And those little sticky kisses
And dirty dishes, And dirty dishes…

And here is the video:  Enjoy!



Thank you babe for that wonderful surprise!  It was perfect.

And thank you Lord for all the beautiful, wonderful blessings in my life.  They are absolutely perfect too (:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs