Hola Ciudad Juarez!


I traveled to Juarez, Mexico today with the hubs and my mom!

Ok, well not physically, but I was seriously transported to Mexico at my kids' school today.
The 6th graders organized a fantastic event called "Aztec Market," and let me tell you-they really did a superb job!  I was so proud of them.
Here are some pictures of the event.  They are in no particular order, and I must point out that since my kids just started at this school last week, I don't know any of the people in the pictures, except my Gabriella (2nd from the right):

This was the entrance to the Aztec Market....also known as the gym.  Everyone entering received a cup filled with beans that were to be used as currency (:


The kids and their parents/grandparents did such a great job of providing awesome food....that you could literally buy for....beans.  Yeah.

For those of you that have never been to Juarez, in the center of the city is a large marketplace that has a variety of vendors of different art made by local artisans and little restaurants to get some really good food.  We haven't gone to Mexico in quite a few years now for obvious reasons.  But we really miss going.

Anyway, there were tables with enchiladas:
Handmade beaded bracelets and necklaces:
Tissue roses.....my favorite.  I was planning on paying a few beans for one, but I constantly found myself at the tables that had all of the amazing FOOD. GA! 
So I didn't get one.  Boo.


There were beautiful handmade purses
See?  I told you.  There were so many tables with FOOD.  Ugh..


There was traditional Mexican music playing over the loudspeaker.
And people "selling" quesadillas...
Didn't the kids do a wonderful job with the decorations??!!



Yes, that would be my daughter..
This is what I saw in front of the school as soon as we dropped the kids off at the gate:

 I told ya these pictures were in no particular order..
Here I am with the hubby and our baby girl.  Marko wasn't at the event because it was only for the 6th graders.
 Aren't these little girls in the outfits adorable?!


 Gabriella and her team sold quesadillas and sopapillas!  Yummy (:

 I just had to take these kids' picture!

So that is how we spent our Wednesday morning.  It was so much fun and I was so happy for Gabriella to have participated in this event.

Hasta luego!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs