Birthday letter to my beautiful Gabriella

May 3, 2012


Dearest Gabriella,

As you know, today is the third day of May, my birthday and I thank God for today and all I am blessed with, because it really is plenty.

I'm not going to talk about my age, but suffice it to say that I've had a few birthdays.  Some birthdays have been lame, for lack of a better word.  Others have been ok, and still others have been downright awesome.

You know how some birthdays stand out more than others and they are just off-the-charts on the awesome scale?  Well, one birthday in particular stands out in my mind and I remember every single detail from that very special birthday.  It was May 3, 2000.   That was the year I received the most beautiful and special birthday gift imaginable:

You.



My scheduled C-section was scheduled for May 17, but you, obviously, had other plans (:


I would pray for you every day and I would talk to you every day and you would respond to my voice and it warmed my heart so much.  I remember staring at all of my ultrasound pictures and try to imagine how you would be and what your voice would sound like.  I remember whenever I would see the one above, I'd think "Wow, your feet look big!"  I never imagined that by the 3rd grade, we would be sharing shoes.


You are everything I ever wanted in a daughter and more.  You have always made me very proud and I am truly honored to have you call me Honey, or mom.  You still call me both.  Not sure why, you just do.

I loved combing your hair for school.  You don't let me do that too often anymore.  I understand..becoming independent is part of growing up..

But I sure do miss it (:


I remembered after seeing the picture below, how I thought you would look like this always and maybe even on your wedding day.  Remember how your two front teeth took like five years to grow back?!  Well, almost...


Today you are 12 years old.  Wow.  Where did the time go?  Just yesterday, you were itty-bitty.  Now, you are a young lady.

As the baby of the family, you are the one that everyone should take care of and help.  But you decided at a very young age that the roles would be reversed and you would be the caregiver.  You have always been wise way beyond your years and you always step up to help and take care of everyone else.  You truly are my right-hand.


These pictures are in no particular order, they are just pictures that are very special to me.  And yes, I have wiped a tear or two while writing this.







You followed Marko around all the time.  Trying to do everything he did and becoming so frustrated when you couldn't because you were too little.





This picture of you and daddy is one of my absolute favorites (his too).  It was at the North Pole and it was such a fun day.




You took my breath away when I saw you in your First Communion dress.  So beautiful.


You definitely got daddy's eyes (:



I have lots of "favorite" pics of you, sweetie.  But I think this one tops them all.


You never cease to amaze me with everything you do.  You are the perfect daughter, the perfect birthday gift and you will always be my favorite little girl in the world.

My biggest birthday wish for you is for you to slow down and enjoy every single minute of your childhood.  You deserve it.  There will be plenty of time to be an adult.
I wish happiness, health and success for you always, and may God bless you today and every day.

I love you my baby girl!

Happy Birthday.  I hope all your birthday wishes come true.

XOXO,

Honey (mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs