Memory Lane

**Disclaimer: I had to edit this post because Blogger apparently had some technical difficulties that caused the post to be "published" almost every time I hit the enter key.  I was pretty P.O.'d by the time I finally got it to cooperate somewhat (!)  I finally gave up and posted it "as is."  Oh, and the pics and videos are via Google and Youtube.

Growing up in the 70s and 80s was absolutely awesome. I'm so very blessed to have been born when I was and all I got to experience. I wouldn't trade my childhood for any other era. My tween and teenage years were awesome because I grew up listening to the very best music EVER. I've talked about it in previous posts and I'll say it again: The music from that time was music. Those of you lucky enough to have grown up listening to music from the late 70s and 80s know what I mean.
Even now, whenever I listen to most any song from that era puts me right back to the carefree days of my youth and more often than not, I can even remember what I was doing, or where my mom and I were going, or even where my best friend Eleanor and I were hanging out. The good 'ol days, that's for sure.
One of my absolute favorite bands from this time was of course, The Bee Gees.

Awww...I remember you literally couldn't pass by a radio on the dial without hearing one of their songs blaring from the speakers. I remember I bought every single 45 I could get my hands on. I played each one about a 18 million times each. True story! For those of you that don't know what a 45 is, I'll spare you the trouble of looking in the history books:




I had all of these and more.
Who could forget their hits, such as Too Much Heaven:


Or Night Fever:




Or Stayin' Alive??:



Love You Inside and Out is another great one:




More Than A Woman:



The Bee Gees were brothers Barry Gibb, (the one in the middle, who, by the way, I used to swear I was going to marry him when I grew up..), and twins, Robin on the left and Maurice on the right. I was also a huge fan of their younger brother, Andy. And my bedroom was full of 45s. If any of my 45s were to get scratched, or say, melt in a pot of boiling hot gravy (this really happened and it deserves it's own post someday!), I immediately bought a replacement.
The Bee Gees' music will always be very special to me and I was beyond thrilled when Barry and Robin sang some of the Bee Gees songs on American Idol a couple years back. My neighbors probably remember that day because I turned the volume ALL the way up!
I was shocked to learn of Robin Gibb's death yesterday. I knew he had been in the hospital but I had kept up on his progress and he actually was improving. Unfortunately, his health deteriorated again and he passed. And I am so very sad.

But thanks to the internet and Youtube, their music will live on forever.
May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs