Mother Days


Yesterday was Mother's Day and I must say that it was perhaps the best day ever.  We had a full day of doing absolutely nothing.  It was amazing.  Believe it or not, I am still slightly dazed from the 850 mph semester that abruptly came to a stop.  I'm not kidding.  I actually sat on my couch for quite a while Saturday with a strange sensation of "What do I do now?!"  Since returning to school after my surgery, every waking moment I wasn't in class, I was either doing homework to catch up for the almost 5 weeks I missed of school, or studying for a test.  I really didn't know what to do with myself.  I actually felt like I should be studying! 

So I truly L-O-V-E-D just being home yesterday and doing nothing... nada... zilch.

Marko and Gabriella surprised the hubby and I with breakfast in bed!  They made us some steak omelets that were delicious!  Afterward, we watched a movie that I fell asleep to  (:


I did go to my mom's house for a while, and on the way home, we got the kids some ice cream and we bought some dishtowels for a project I'll post about later.

It was a perfect day.

Oh, and have I mentioned that with being Mexican and all, I got to celebrate Mother's Day twice?  That's right.  For those of you that don't know, May 10th is Mother's Day in Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador, so we had a mini celebration on Friday as well.  Although we don't live in any of those countries, culture is important.  Right?

But of course!

Have a wonderful week.  And happy belated Mother Days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs