Just another week at the Silva's..

Last week was a busy week in the Silva household.  I had tons of homework and a final on Microbiology to study for, Gabriella had a big project due for school and just that, added to your normal everyday, never-ending stuff that needs to be done, consumed all of our time!
Gabriella decided to do her project on the digestive system.  We bought her the posterboard, 1 large plastic Easter egg and some mini pom-poms and really didn't know HOW to help her make it, but we did the best we could.  We originally planned on helping her make it 'work,' but just simply ran out of time.  She was happy with it though and she really drew a crowd the whole time of the fair.  Here are some pics of her and her project.  I was so proud of her...




She must have explained her project at least 35 times in all and even sounded a little hoarse when we left!  She did an amazing job and we are so proud of her!!


Then the other day, Gabriella and Lynette decided that they were Zebra-girl and....well, I'm not sure what to call it........, maybe............ Purple-girl??!!  They dressed 'up' (?) and this was the result:








Crazy girls!!

And finally,  for the last couple weeks, everytime I would use the dishwasher, my kitchen (not to mention my dishes!) would smell burnt.  And bad!  The smell was really horrible and I would have to re-wash them by hand and it was getting to be very frustrating and time-consuming, but I was determined that the dishwasher was going to stop doing whatever it was that it was doing!...until Saturday as Gabriella and I noticed something long and black on the bottom of the dishwasher.  I pulled the tray all the way out and this is what I found...I couldn't believe it!!






This is what is left of one of my cooking spoons!  It literally melted THROUGH the thickest part of the spoon in half!!  I couldn't believe it was even possible.............It is!

And about my education....For those of you that didn't know, I am working on my Medical Specialties degree.  I started 2 new classes today.  A pharmacy class and a CPR class.  I'm excited about both of them, yet a little nervous about the pharmacy class--just because I have never taken any class like this before, and really don't know what to expect, other than tons of math! :(    And guess what??  I need to buy a stethoscope!   Can you believe that??!! If someone had told me even a year ago that I would be buying scrubs and a stethoscope, I would have thought they were crazy...  But I am!  I'm taking it one day at a time and next year at this time, God willing, I will be getting ready for graduation.  Wow...where has the time gone??!!  It amazes me that I have been in school for 6 months already!  The way I look at it is...next year will come anyway and I will be one year older.  I can be one year older WITH my degree or I could continue being another year older without my degree........I'll take the degree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs