Accents and Languages

When I was a kid, there used to be a television show called "Kids Say The Darndest Things" and that's all it basically was:  Kids saying the cutest, most unexpected and well, darndest things.  It was a fun, family show.
Well, as any mom can tell you, this really does happen with kids, and unless you document it somewhere, unfortunately, many times, it is forgotten.
Even with my kids being the ages that they are, we will still have a good laugh about something they say or have said.
This happened twice with Marko in as many days, so I want to document it so it isn't forgotten, so if this isn't your cup of tea, or in our case, sweet tea, I apologize.


Part 1:


Anyway, I walked into Marko's bedroom Thursday and he happened to have Family Guy on the TV.  I don't know the characters too well, but Brian the dog, Stewie,  and a man and Jillian were all seated in a French restaurant.  The man at the table and the waiter were having a conversation in French.  Brian  commented that he didn't know the man spoke French, to which Jillian replied "He also speaks Orange!"  The man corrected her and said "It's called Mandarin, Dear."


Marko and I laughed and I left.  Marko couldn't believe how funny it was.


Well, the next day, Marko was drinking orange juice and he asked Tita if she spoke Orange.  Tita didn't know what Marko was talking about, so I asked him to tell her about Jillian.


Marko proceeds to tell her how they were seated in the restaurant, blah blah blah,  the man and the waiter conversing in French and Jillian saying that the man also speaks Orange.
Than, Marko said: "The man corrected her and said "It's called Tangerine, Dear."


Oh my gosh, I laughed at him so much and it took me a couple of minutes to be able to tell Tita what Jillian really said.  Needless to say, we didn't let him live it down!  It was even funnier than what Jillian said!


Part 2:


Well then last night we were driving to King Soopers for some snacks and Marko and Tita were sitting in the back seat.


This is the conversation I heard:


Tita:  "Let's put a shrimp on the barbie!"  (and she said it a la Jim Carey in the movie Dumb & Dumber)
Marko: "Tita, I'm tired of you and your British accent!" (coincidentally, also a la Jim Cary in the movie Dumb & Dumber!)
Tita:  "Ummm, it's Australian, Marko!"
Marko: "Oh."


We laughed and gave him a really hard time about that one too.  All in good fun, though.


Here's the clip for those of you unfamiliar with this scene:




I love my kids and I love all the hilarious things they've said and done.  Kids really do say the darndest things and I am truly blessed with the amazing kids God blessed me with. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs