American Bandstand memories

I remember growing up watching all of my favorite singers, like Michael Jackson, Wham!, Donna Summer, Shalamar, Bryan Adams and even Madonna and all the others on American Bandstand.  When I was very young, I would join my aunts as they copied the dancers' moves and it was so much fun.  After my aunts had married and moved out, I would watch it by myself.  I loved it.

Who could forget hearing that old, familiar tune by Barry Manilow at the beginning and end of the show?  And AB would not be what it was without it's host, Dick Clark.

Years later, those us who chose to stay home on New Year's Eve rang in the new year with Clark on his Rockin' Eve program, anxiously anticipating the ball drop, meaning the new year had arrived.

Today I reminisce of my youth, American Bandstand and Clark's Rockin' Eve because, unfortunately, I just read of Clark's passing.

The world truly lost a legend.  Clark suffered a massive heart attack and died today at the age of 82.

Here is clip of American Bandstand:


I remember he'd always end with "For now, Dick Clark, so long."

November 30, 1929-April 18, 2012

You will be missed.
Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs