Pillow talk..

With only a couple weeks left of school, I had lots of homework this weekend.  But even so, I managed to make a throw pillow.
Now, if you personally know me, you know that I L-O-V-E pillows.  I always have, but I'm too cheap to pay lots of money for them.  So what's a girl to do, but make them? (:

I started with this fabric that I have had for months:

I originally bought it on sale to make Marko some new pillow shams for his bed.  His comforter is navy blue and I always wanted some white in his bedroom.  I tried a duvet cover for a while that was mostly white, and it just didn't work because it was white.  I still wanted white in his bedroom, but again, it needed to be just a little because, well,:
  1. Marko is a boy;
  2. A 13-year-old boy;
  3. Marko is a boy.
I pulled it out of my fabric drawer last week and laid it in a ball on my table and walked away to get my scissors.  When I returned, I instantly got excited because I saw something I liked ALOT.
A light bulb went off in my head with the way it was just casually thrown on the table.
I started cutting strips and ended up with this:


After they were sewn together, I ended up with this:



And after I sewed the white back to it, my pillow ended up like this:


I just had to be careful that the strips ended up exactly matched up:


Isn't it gorgeous?  I think Yes. 


I ended up cutting long strips of only the blue stripes for the edges:


 Here is a side view:

And a front view.  Can you tell I'm obsessed?  Naaah!

  

So there you have it....a couple pillow shams that ended up being a Chevron pillow.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs