Dentist saga part 1

Well, I made it to the dentist's office on Saturday and had two of the three teeth extracted.  Thank God!  I have to go back on Friday to have the third one finally extracted.  I can't wait.  Friday is also Gabriella's birthday and my birthday.  Should be interesting.

The pain levels have subsided some, but the remaining tooth is still doing one heck of a job in kicking my butt.  My prescription of vicodin has become my best friend, that's for sure.  My Saturday appointment almost didn't happen because we got some pretty strong winds Friday night and it apparently messed something up at the dentist's office.  Someone from the office had the task of calling all Saturday appointments to cancel them.  I was asleep when I got the call from the hubs and I may have pleaded for a little mercy and it worked because they told him to have me get down there right NOW.   I called my mom and she had me there in probably 8 minutes flat.  I appreciate that lady so much.

The pain was incredible by the time I got there, but I didn't want to take any more meds because I had taken so much medicine all week and I figured the teeth would be gone shortly and then I could take pain meds afterward.
After about 10 minutes in the waiting room in sheer agony, I was called back.  By this time, I was ready to pass out from the pain as I was directed to an examining "room."  I sat down and could not believe my luck with dentists.  Now, remember I told you of this experience?
Well, this time, as I sat down with the the pain levels completely off-the-charts, I was a slobbery, pathetic mess and I expected some soothing music in the background (or better yet, NO music in the background.) HA!  Instead, I literally had to listen to this (or something pretty similar):

Sheer tortute!!
After sitting there waiting for someone to put me out of my misery, the dentist walked in and it took all my willpower to refrain from grabbing his hand and "helping" him give me my shots a little faster.  The  5 needles were HUGE, but I welcomed them with open arms!  As soon as the Novacain or whatever "ain" they used started working, I didn't give a damn about the music noise coming from the speakers.  I knew relief was coming very soon.
Afterward, my mom took me to pick up my best friend Vicodin from the pharmacy and brought me home and I slept most of the day.

The hubs has been wonderful in pampering me and babying me big time.  Thanks Babe.  I really appreciate it.
The kids have been helpful with lots of things too.  Here is what I caught Marko doing while washing dishes yesterday:

He may have gone as as far as having to remove his T-shirt because it was soaking wet by the time he finished with the dishes (!)

But the dishes were washed.  I can't complain (:

I am thankful for my kids' help too.  I'm blessed.

Oh, and I'll let you know how it goes on Friday.  Hopefully, it will be a much better experience.  Right now, I gotta go study for finals!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design By Designer Blogs