Truly honored.

Thursday evening I took Tita, my mom and my brother to see a presentation of Marion Blumenthal Lazan at the university I attend.  What a privilege it was, and what a horrific story she has to tell.

For those of you not familiar with her story, she is a Holocaust survivor. This is her website.

She also co-authored this must-read book:


We arrived and my brother and Tita went to find us a seat.  Marion was sitting in front of a HUGE line of people waiting to have their copy of "Four Perfect Pebbles" signed.


When we got to the front of the line, we purchased our books and handed them to her to sign and my mom asked if she could have her picture taken with us at the end of the night.  She stopped what she was doing and said "Come on around the table and we can do it now!"  I took this pic:


Then she asked "What about YOU?" and invited me around the table too (!)  How awesome is that!?  Her husband, Nathaniel, who is equally awesome, took a photo also.


My brother and Tita did a fantastic job in finding us some great seats.

What an inspiration and what a beautiful woman she is, inside and out.  She travels the world, speaking to people of all ages of the horrors she and her family endured. If you are lucky enough to have her come speak at a city near you, I encourage you to go.

I am so glad this event wasn't on one of the nights I have class until 8 p.m. and we had the opportunity to go.  I will never forget it.

Thank you Marion, and God bless you and your family always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs