A day in the life of older people...

So....today has certainly been....interesting, for lack of a better word.  Remember I posted of my changing schools?  I now attend a big university.  And I love it.  I'm majoring in Journalism with a minor in Legal Studies.  Although, I'm seriously considering changing my minor to French.  Marko and Gabriella are taking French also, and since we study together, my hubby is learning it right along with us!  It's pretty awesome!  We all can actually carry on a conversation, count, write it.  Yeah....amazing!  I am considering changing my minor because  I love it THAT much!
Well, as you can imagine, since I am a non-traditional student, i.e., married, children, Bill (You know the Bill I'm talking about, right?...light BILL, gas BILL cell phone BILL...you get the picture), plus I'm slightly older (: than a "traditional student....right?  Well, today in my journalism class, my professor asked us to get into groups of 4-5 and discuss a few things and brainstorm on "What did you watch or listen to as a kid, and do we still.  If not, why?"  Ok, my group consisted of 3 young girls (of course, I'm not including myself in that equation!), 2 young boys and a man older than moi (:  My group's discussion went something like this:

Older man: "I remember watching Little House on the Prairie!"
Young girl 1: "I don't know what show you're talking about. (Complete with a dumbfounded look on her face!)

AKWARD SILENCE #1...

Older man: "I also watched The Andy Griffith Show.."
I almost mentioned that I used to watch I Love Lucy as a kid.  I decided to just stay quiet.. (:

AKWARD SILENCE #2...(I think the young'ns were trying to remember if they read about that in the history books...

This is I Love Lucy:
My favorite episode was the one where she worked at the candy factory.  Hilarious!

And this would be Little House on the Prairie:


 I grew up watching The Andy Griffith Show.  I loved Opie and Barney Fife.  But I kept my thoughts to myself because I could literally feel the grey hair ooze out of my pores on my head!


Well then the topic changed to music.  Oh my gosh, I wanted someone to put me out of my misery by then!!!
Older man: "I used to listen to the BeeGees"
( I was thinking "I did too, but why don't you quit while you're we're AHEAD??!!")

This is the BeeGees and I love them!...yeah, present tense!  I may or may not have had their posters plastered all over my bedroom because I used to dream that I was going to marry Barry Gibb someday (:   and I may or may not have owned every single 45. (Look that up in the history books...or perhaps the museum!):


And this is Dr. Hook.  Now, I used to listen to this and I still listen to it quite frequently!:


Older man to young people: "What did you watch as a kid?" (I guess God didn't hear me pleading with Him to NOT let older man ask the dreaded question..)

Young people immediately answered almost in unison with this:



I'm not E V E N kidding!!!...I wish I were.. They actually grew up watching Bear in the Big Blue frickin' House, Dora and Blues Clues!! (I know you are LYAO Laura!)
Now, I "used to" watch these too....with my kids!!
The older man and I literally wanted to crawl under a big ass rock right about then..
Oh!  And as if wanting to rub salt in our wounds, the young kids actually had the nerve to ask older man:  Why don't you watch your favorite shows anymore?
Appropriate and only response to that??......Uh....maybe because they are archived already!! Sheesh!

Have a great Thursday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs