Math Silva style..

You know how some people have the ability to accept change in their daily lives pretty easily? While others crave stability and don't really like their routines disrupted very much?  I definitely fall into the latter...I REALLY dislike change.  Well, this fall promises to bring lots of changes to our lives.  Here's a breakdown of these changes:

1.   The fact that we no longer have elementary school-aged children.  That's right!  I've written of Marko and Tita both being in MiDdLe ScHoOl!!!  It's still hard for me to believe.  Wow.
2.   Lynette is a sEnIoR this year!  All you moms out there can attest to the fact that the old cliche of "Where has the time GONE??" is so true.
3.  My college status.  As I've written in the past, I am a full-time college student.  Yep, that's right...I am a full-time, non-traditional student because, of course, a) my age...not that you would EVER have guessed... right?! HA!, b) I have children, and c) I am married.  I was in college and almost finished...as you could see on the ticker I had on the right column of my blog.  It is no longer there because, well....it doesn't apply to me anymore.  The reason for that is my graduation has been pushed back since I transferred to the university in my city.  Transfer....the story of my life.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if I were to look up the word TRANSFER in a dictionary and find this:

trans fer /trans'fer/
Verb: Move Rosi from one place to another;
Noun: An act of moving Rosi from one place to another.

 Not kidding! I have written of the fact that my mom has...well, had a gypsy soul and we moved All. Of. The. Time!  So I grew up always being the new kid at school at least 4 times each year...sometimes more.  Even now...as an adult, unfortunately, I have NEVER had the luxury of starting school and actually finishing in the same school.  I was talking to my very best childhood friend Eleanor this last weekend, and she made a comment of how there were so many times that I would be at school on Monday and Tuesday, but on Wednesday, I would just be GONE!  And then we would move back 2 years later....or maybe 9 months later...That's crazy!  Who does that?  Well...besides...me?!
Now don't get me wrong...I'm certainly not having a pity party at all because that was my childhood, and I loved loved loved the era I grew up in, although it was pretty dysfunctional at times, I guess,...but that is the reason I am the way I am....FIERCELY protective of my family's stability, Smart, Crazy, and maybe a little dorky...but that is who I AM.
Now, I know in my heart that THIS move is actually a very good thing and I have so many more opportunities at this very large university, plus having been awarded the fantastic scholarship makes this change SA-WEET, but still, just the feeling of dread that comes over me sometimes drags me right back to my childhood of always being the new kid at school.  Is that childish of me to feel that occasional dread?  I think not.  I don't feel this dread or anxiety all of the time.   In fact, 99% of the time, I'm very excited of my decision to change schools and can't wait for classes to start...but when I do feel it, it is not a very good feeling, and in all honesty, I probably should be used to it, but I think it is a feeling i will never be able to get used to.  This is a feeling that I always prayed that none of our children would ever have to experience.  Unfortunately, Lynette experienced this for a few years as a child because she was bounced back and forth, over and over again from Mexico to Colorado, and always had to adjust to change and I really hated that there was nothing I could do about it.  Hopefully, it won't affect her into adulthood as it has me.
Anyway, I will certainly post pretty regularly of my our experiences at school.
This is pretty much the equation for my family this school year:
Marko + Tita + MIDDLE SCHOOL and
Me + new, huge university = awesome adventures, and hopefully, not many misadventures....we'll see...  And you will certainly hear allllll about that, plus I'll write of my husband's experience with keeping up with all of his "students!"
(:

The weekend is HERE!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs