Haunted by Pumpkins!!

I wrote this post of how crazy our October was.  I was so happy at the thought of having 334 glorious days, or 8,016 hours, or 480, 960 minutes (not that I'm counting, just in case you're wondering) before we had to worry about October and all it represents: Halloween costumes, candy, an endless supply of birthday cake, anniversaries, candles, balloons, presents, etc.  Oh, and I would be remiss if I fail to mention how much I abhor pumpkins by the end of the month.

So imagine me coming upstairs from the family room Sunday afternoon, blissfully unaware of what my 12-year-old daughter was cooking up.  Or rather, baking up: 

About two weeks ago, my step-daughter, Laura bought a kit to make this haunted house cake, but she never baked it.  So my 12-year-old Gabriella decided to surprise me and make it on her own:


She had cake mix left over, so she made this:


Can you believe it?!  A PUMPKIN cake.

Is it just me, or is that stupid pumpkin cake really smirking at me in a creepy way?

Now that I think about it, that scary pumpkin smirk kind of reminds me of a certain candidate in a very big race for a very important job. (:

The cake was delicious, by the way.  Kudos to Gabriella on her baking skills!

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs