Me + Honey Bee = :)

Anyone that knows me can tell you that I listen to music that is totally on opposite sides of the spectrum.  I'm not kidding!  I listen to a lot of Spanish music,, anything 80's, anything country and I can even sing along to Eminem!  Anyway, as you probably know by now (from an earlier post,) my favorite music in the whole world would be my beloved 80's songs.  To me, there's just simply nothing that compares to that magical music.
Well, coming in at a very close 2nd would be country music.  I loove Brad Paisley, Thompson Square, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson.  Country music has always had a very special place in my heart.  :)   I have very clear memories of being 9 years old and singing my heart out to Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn with Conway Twitty.  I knew the lyrics to every single song they ever sang.  I think I can actually admit that I was giddy when I bought my VHS copy of this:




I loove this movie.. and Sissy Spacek and Tommy Lee Jones were excellent in their parts of Loretta and Doolittle.  I think I have watched that movie at least 40 times since it first came out on video.  Since VCRs have phased out, I now own a copy on DVD!  That's right..I admit it!  I looved country music when it really wasn't cool! I used to get teased by my friends that wouldn't dream of being caught listening to, much less knowing the words and heaven forbid..... singing along to country!  So yes, believe it or not, country music was not "cool" like it is now. :)

Anyway... Sunday night we watched the Academy of Country Music Awards.  It was a huge event in the Silva household...well, for everyone except for Marko.  He wanted nothing to do with the awards show.  So he kept busy drawing in the other room.  Armando, Tita and myself were cheering on for our favorite artists and high-fiving when they would win.  We were all so excited when Miranda won "Top Female Vocalist,"  along with "Single of the Year" AND "Video of the Year" awards for her song "The House That Built Me."  I wrote this this post about that song and how special it was to me.
Tita was over-the-moon happy when Taylor won the coveted "Entertainer of the Year" award.  Taylor Swift is, without a doubt, her F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E singer EVER!!!!!  Tita has even asked us to MOVE to Nashville, because maybe....just maybe, she'll run into Taylor Swift at Target!  I was happy for Taylor too because she totally deserved that award!  Tita, Lynette and I went to her Fearless show a couple years ago and it was AMAZING!  That girl is so incredibly talented!
Anyway...I totally fell in love with Blake Shelton's new single called Honey Bee.   I am definately going to buy this CD.  Here is the song, enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs