My little Gremlin (:

Well Marko had his surgery this morning and he's home now.  Thank you Jesus.  You are so wonderful!  I pray he has a speedy recovery. 
I got a phone call from someone from the hospital yesterday afternoon and right out of a scene from the Gremlins movie, I was instructed to not let Marko eat or drink A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G after midnight last night   (:   So what did I do?  I purposely let him stay up til then so he could drink or eat to his heart's content before going to bed.  I knew it was going to be a looong day for him with nothing in his tummy.  And I was right...he was absolutely STARVING right before they took him in for the surgery.

This is bright and early at the hospital even before registration.
 
 Marko getting prepped for the surgery.
(IV time.)  The IV was originally going to be started on the inside of his elbow and he was poked and prodded, but it didn't work.  I was not too happy about this!!
 
 My poor Marko.  He was so brave.  Those IVs HURT and he didn't complain.  What a trooper!
 Plan B.  Take it out and restart it somewhere else...   :(

My sweet, handsome little man..
 THIS time it worked.  Thank God!
 Now to take THIS pic, I actually had to sneak my phone :)
 Watching TV...  of course!
Gabriella begged me to let her stay home from school.  And Lynette begged Armando too.  Laura was at work, but she of course called to see how her little brother was doing, and big brother Ivan showed up too. They love Marko and wanted to give their support :)   My mom and my brother Danny showed up at the hospital and were told that only Armando and I were allowed back with him.
 
 
 
 Funny girl.  She wanted to know when Marko's tray of food would arrive so she could have it!!  Ay Tita!
 
 
 
 I love my little boy.  (Even though he's 5'6" and TWO whole inches taller than me, he is and will always be my baby.)
 Off to the operating room.
 So I sat with Armando, Lynette and Tita in the waiting room and prayed that God would guide Dr. Gupta's hands while he worked on my son.  Dr. Gupta is absolutely wonderful and everything went just as planned.  God willing, this will be the last time he will need any type of surgery.
Here he is with his daddy :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
The other kids were bummed that they were not allowed back to see Marko.  I'm not sure why, they just weren't.  They were probably told this by the same nurse that told my mom and Danny that they weren't allowed back there either.. 

Finally, on the way out of the hospital!
After I got Marko home, the first thing he wanted was FOOD.  He's only allowed clear fluids until tomorrow morning.  Now my son is definately a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  He was not too happy about this!

This was the last picture we took at the hospital while waiting for the valet to bring our car to the front.  I love this pic, but I would love it more if Laura and Julian were in it :)  We stick together as a family.  Especially if any of us are ill...that's how we roll.  That's life Silva style!   :)


P.S.  If anyone happens to read this post, please pray for Marko's speedy recovery.  It breaks my heart to see any of our kids in pain.

God bless!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs