Calgon take me away!!!!!!!


 Since I am doing my class online right now, I log on on Mondays and watch the live lecture for a couple of hours and then I have all week to do my homework and turn it in by Saturday evening.  Well, on a normal week that is what happens......Of course, "normal" to you isn't necessarily normal to me.
On Monday, I logged on and my screen showed me as the only participant in the class.  I waited for 2 hours and nobody joined in.  I initially thought I had the time wrong...you know, since we had just moved in...clocks not set right...that sort of thing.  Well it turns out that I was logged on at the right time, but for some reason, my computer threw me into some abandoned virtual classroom all by my self! This week has been crazy (what's new huh?)  I went to Denver to visit my cousin that was in the hospital on a ventilator and didn't get home until almost 2:30 am on that night (and she's better, Thank God!); My computer wouldn't turn on one day...at all!; The numerous times I did log on to watch the recorded lecture, it just wasn't appearing on my screen!....I was so busy with the kids/house/spouse and being sick the other days that I didn't have a chance to log on.  So here we are SATURDAY and I still had not seen the 2 hour lecture, read the 5,384 chapters (it really seems like that many, by the way!), done my huge report, in which I have to cite my work,  done my test online, or any of my other homework!!!  I sent my instructor this email at 2 PM:

Mr. Walker,
I still am not able to view the live lecture from Monday.  After the 2 hours I spent on Monday waiting as the only participant (not sure how that happened..), I didn't get a chance to get back to it until Wednesday evening and I was not able to access it because I couldn't even FIND it..  My computer wouldn't even turn on on Thursday, and I was sick yesterday!  I'm not having any luck with it today either and it's getting to be rather frustrating...any help would be appreciated.
Rose


I tried logging on again and VOILA!! It worked!!  So I literally locked myself into my bedroom and read, and read and read, watched the lecture for 2 hours and worked like mad to get my work done...  After I submitted the very last assignment, I check my inbox and found this:

Hi Rose,

I'm sorry it's been such a rough week for you! I hope you're feeling better today.

Since you've told me about your situation, I would be happy to offer you an extension on your Week 3 deadline. I will accept all of your work without a late penalty as long as I receive it by Tuesday, May 17, at noon.

I'll paste the link to the Week 3 lecture below. Please let me know if it still doesn't work, and I'll be glad to give you a call or meet you in an Elluminate session to help you out. We can get things working for you. :)

~Chris



Can you hear me SCREAMING???!!! 


Photobucket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs