Hooterville


Ok, so you know how I told you that we moved to the country right?...ok, well, it really doesn't matter that we're only 3 blocks from city limits....it's still country..   (:
Anyway, at all of our other houses, the kids did the usual: video games, TV, eat in front of the TV, video games... and I always got the usual "I'm bored!"......you get the picture.  Well since we moved, the kids AND the dog love being outside!  It's awesome!  I was worried about Peditos because he's always been strictly a CITY dog......leash and all!  Well not anymore...

 
 I don't know who had more fun....Tita or Peditos!  Although I know they both got a workout!  (:

 He's been exploring....and we've even caught him urinating ON and IN the prairie dog holes!!!  It is so funny to watch him run after the prairie dogs, and when they drop down into their holes, he sits and looks all around cause he CANNOT figure out where they went!!
 
 
 
 


It kind of reminds me of a television show I grew up watching that was called Green Acres.  I never missed it.  It ran on TV until 1971, but I grew up watching all of the reruns...I still watch it if I am lucky enough to find a rerun.  Green Acres starred Eddie Albert as Oliver Wendell Douglas, a New York City Attorney, and Eva Gabor as Lisa Douglas, his fancy-schmancy, diamond-loving, designer-wearing wife.  They moved from their New York City fancy life to a farm out in Hooterville.  Lisa Douglas wasn't too happy about the move and every episode was another calamity with her trying to adjust to "country-life."  Well, that's kind of like us, except that:
1. Unlike Lisa Douglas, I am an excellent cook, so we don't eat pancakes every meal because that's all I know how to make (:
2. Unlike Lisa Douglas, I don't throw all my dirty dishes out of the kitchen window so I don't have to wash them..
3. I don't wear designer clothes like her either.  Although, Armando may or may not dress like Oliver Wendell Douglas when he goes to work (;  (He's gonna kill me for saying that!)
We all love the "country-life" though....Armando wasn't too keen on moving here, but now, he loves it out here too.
Here are the lyrics for the song:

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.
 


I loved that show and I loved singing to the theme song everytime it came on....didn't you??!!    (:

Here are more pictures of our "country life.."

 
 
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!
 And this one..
 
 I think this is my favorite picture taken of my baby and her puppy..
 
 
 
 
 And can you guess what my artistic son was doing while Tita and Peditos were playing outside??


 Isn't he amazing??  He has no formal instruction on his art!  He was just born with it!  He's a typical boy...he HATES taking pictures!  I practically had to force him to let me take his picture!
 Here he is flashing that beautiful smile!  His braces are coming off sometime this summer, by the way...Yay! 

 He amazes me with the talent of just looking at a picture and scaling it to size...That's my boy!
 Marko you are AWESOME son!



So there you have it....we are bonafide country folks! Now we just need an old tractor parked outside for good measure..  (:

Have a great weekend!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs