Ash Wednesday..

Today was Ash Wednesday, so me, Armando, Marko & Gabriella all went to church tonight to receive ash.  Mass was a beautiful and I L-O-V-E-D all of it.  Ash Wednesday is 40 days--or Lent (not counting Sundays) before Easter.  We all give something that we love up for Lent.  Armando usually goes crazy and gives up EVERYTHING except maybe celery and garbanzo beans!  I'm just kidding, of course, but it is always near impossible to cook anything that he can actually eat during Lent.  I am seriously sacrificing by what I decided to give up: SWEET TEA!!  I don't know HOW I will do it...I am Texan and if it weren't for Sweet Tea, I wouldn't get any fluids in my body...we'll see how it goes.
My favorite song at Mass last night is called Surrender.  It was sung during Communion and it was just so beautiful.  Here are the lyrics:

I'm giving You my heart
And all that is within
I lay it all down
For the sake of You my King
I'm giving You my dreams
I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride
For the promise of new life

And I surrender.  All to You all to You
And I surrender.  All to You all to You

I'm singing You this song
I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear
I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You
The glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy
Even sharing in Your pain

I looked it up on Youtube because I was going to post the video.. but didn't like any of the versions....guess the choir at church should record their own CD...they really put the original singers to shame.

Lynette didn't go with us to church because she had gone with Laura after school to get her new manicure.  After the service, we went to pick Lynette up and took her to the closest church so she could get ash.  Marko & Gabriella bought an elote (corn on the cob) that they sell outside of that church.

Here is a picture of Marko with his elote:



Well....Peditos must have been tempted by the smell of the elote because pretty soon the kids were in the back seat laughing HYSTERICALLY.  I turned around and was able to get some great pics of Peditos who just took it upon himself to SHARE the elote with Marko!  :



This is a typical Life, Silva style moment!  :)




Peditos just couldn't get enough of it!  Marko let him take over, and Peditos wasn't too happy when he thought Marko was going to take it away...he would growl at him!  I finally had to intervene and take it and throw it away on the sneaks!  Crazy dog!  We love him. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs