"Are you smarter than a 5th grader?? Grab a pencil and a piece of paper..."

"Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
'Cause there's gonna be a test later.
Get your teacher now we're back in school.
Are you smarter than you used to be?

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
Grab a pencil and a piece of paper.
Get your teacher now we're back in school.
Are you smart enough to rock fifth grade?"


These are the lyrics to the hit game show.  How fitting they were today....I went to Target with Marko and Gabriella and we spent a good hour and half shopping, when I came across the calculators in electronics.  I remembered that I needed one for my pharmacy class-and bad because I had been using the calculator on my Iphone.  There were other people in the calculator section of the store, so I had to manuever my shopping cart around them.  Ok, first of all...I discovered that I am seriously old-school and when I think of a calculator, I think the plain, big-keyed, white calculator...probably high-tech that runs on solar energy...   (:   .................So  I automatically reached for this:


Sharp EL 334TB for $8.99


My 10-year-old grabs my hand and says (pretty loudly, of course!)  "MOM!  you're kidding...right??!!"  "What are you talking about?" I asked.  She kinda snorts and says "Mom...you're in
C O L L E G E !!.....You need a C O L L E G E calculator!" HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sure my face turned bright red!  I thought..Ok..  So I started looking at these:


Texas Instruments TI-89 for $142.99....HA!!



Texas Instruments TI-34 for $39.99

Casio fx115ES for $17.99


I told my daughter..."I don't know how to use these calculators!!".....so my baby proceeds to show me!!..."You use the 'shift' key to get to these keys"...."and you need to..." .......I was ready to scream!!!.  She absolutely WOULD NOT let me buy the high-tech solar-energy one...so we compromised and I ended up buying this:

Casio fx300MS for  $18.99

I only hope I can find the % key while in class!!.......................I should have known better than to take a 5th grader with me to go shopping for college stuff!!!.......





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs